Over the course of the last couple of weeks we have been having conversations with a number of our long term community members to try to make sure that what we re planning with our web reality show is something that will be useful to solopreneurs, and will be something people want to participate in, whether as a show guest or an audience member, or even as a guest expert (more on that in our next post)
We had a lot of great input from several people and have added to the concept we originally came up with, including a new element of audience participation (Thanks to Ellen Finkelstein for that one!).
The overwhelming reaction has been very positive and everyone is seeing it as something new that no-one else is doing. So it looks like it is all systems go!
In our last post, we asked “Would YOU do this?” And we are now ready to unveil who we are looking for to partake in our first series. So here are the core criteria of who we are looking for:
- Willing to share your story (the ups and the downs) with our audience as a web show guest.
- Coachable – willing to focus (and stick with) the plan we come up with to build your platform.
- Willing to invest your time and money to make your business a success. (We are providing our services at half our regular rate for web show participants).
- Fun and energetic! We want people to get to know, like and trust you as they get into your story. (Though you are getting solid business help – we want to keep our audience entertained and engaged at the same time).
- Someone who has a solid business idea but has yet to make the leap of making it happen, OR someone who has started (maybe been trying for 1 or 2 years), but has got stuck and isn’t making any progress.
- Is this you? Or maybe you know someone who might be perfect for the show?
The application page is now up and will be open for the next two weeks. We will be choosing a total of 4 participants, the extra one being there in case one of the 3 chosen participants drops out.
We are still open to suggestions, if there are elements you would like to see on the show or you think would make the show better, we’d love to hear them.
In our next post we hope to introduce the first of our guest experts, so check back for that one!